- Learn more
- National Office Only Pages
- BIG Futures online Enquiry Form
- BIG Futures 2015 Volunteer Intake
- BBBS Melbourne
- BIG Alumni
- 2017 Christmas Campaign
The Big Brothers Big Sisters Young Achievers Program (YAP) provides young people with additional social and career related support through one-to-one mentoring and personal development workshops.
The program has grown from 10 young people in the inaugural year of 2009, to 31 high achievers in 2014. Initiated by Big Brothers Big Sisters Patron Philip Brass, whose foresight and belief in the benefits of mentoring to assist young people to achieve their career goals has been inspirational.
Schools nominate those young people in years 10-12 who they believe have great potential beyond school however who may have limited support to fulfil their potential. Students are matched with a mentor in their career of interest and they meet every 3 weeks. They also participate in Sunday skills workshops. Graduation from the program is in November.
Young Achievers aims to support each young person by:
- Increasing their self-esteem and life skills
- Providing opportunities for new experiences and personal development
- Broadening their social network through one-to-one mentoring and workshops
- Developing high level leaderships skills
- Linking them to educational, employment and training opportunities
Phone: 0423 679 782