- About Us
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Our Impact
- Our Mentoring Programs
- Learn more
- National Office Only Pages
- BIG Futures online Enquiry Form
- BBBS Melbourne
- BIG Alumni
- 2017 Christmas Campaign
New BIG Futures Mentoring Hubs in 2017!
If you live or work in the following areas WE need YOU!
Recruitment is NOW OPEN for committed volunteers willing to donate an hour of your time per week to mentor high school students at schools in the following regions:
New South Wales
South East Melbourne
Click here to visit the Victorian BIG Futures page to learn more about programs in your area and make an online enquiry to mentor
South West Sydney
Click here to visit the NSW BIG Futures page to learn more about programs in your area and make an online enquiry to mentor
What is required to be a mentor?
All young people need a champion. A caring adult who believes in them and walks beside them, encouraging and supporting them to unlock their potential.
Mentors for BIG Futures in-school mentoring:
- Are aged between 18 to 80 years
- Undertake a screening process to protect the safety of the volunteer and young person
- Receive face to face and online mentor training
- Are supported by a mentoring professional through the whole mentoring experience.
- Are matched to a young person at school based on interests, compatibility and location
- Commit to approximately one to two hours per week during school hours for between a 12 week and full school year period (program duration varies depending on the BIG Futures program – enquire now or contact the Mentoring Specialist in your area to learn more about the time commitment for programs near you).
- Don't need qualifications, just a desire to make a difference in a young person's life and to help them build the skills and confidence needed to unlock their potential
How do I get started?
- Are you ready to be an in-school mentor? - Complete the online enquiry via the link to your state below. You will then receive an online Application form for your nearest BIG Futures school.
- Do you need more information?
- Download BIG Futures brochure
- Download BIG Futures frequently asked questions and information pack
- Click on the link to the Victorian BIG Futures or NSW BIG Futures page
Want to get BIG Futures in your school?
If you are a part of a school community and would like to learn more about how to get BIG Futures delivered in your school please contact email@example.com