- About Us
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Our Impact
- Our Mentoring Programs
- Learn more
- National Office Only Pages
- BIG Futures online Enquiry Form
- BBBS Melbourne
- BIG Alumni
- 2017 Christmas Campaign
The safety of your child is your highest priority. It's no different at Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Making the best possible match between Little and Big is critical to the growth and development of a child or young person. But before we begin the matching process, we start by thoroughly screening potential Bigs.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Australia adheres to the International Standards of Excellence which require each volunteer to complete an extensive screening process that includes:
- Completion of a formal written application
- Background and reference checks
- An in-person interview
- An orientation and training process that outlines the individualised needs of your child and provides information and resources on how to encourage your child's development
Big Brothers Big Sisters also provides child safety tips to you and your child, and we welcome your questions and feedback.
Throughout the life of the match, our professional staff will be in ongoing communication with you, your child, and your child's Big.