- About Us
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Our Impact
- Our Mentoring Programs
- Learn more
- National Office Only Pages
- BIG Futures online Enquiry Form
- BBBS Melbourne
- BIG Alumni
- 2017 Christmas Campaign
- BIG Futures Northern Regions Volunteer Online Enquiry Form
Parents and guardians are not just part of the process, they're part of the success.
Families as Partners
When it comes to the future of our children and the well-being of our communities, we're all in this together. So it should come as no surprise that we need the parents and guardians of Littles to be involved every step of the way, starting with the initial match.
Not only will you provide information about your child's strengths and needs, but you'll also approve the selection of the Big Brother or Big Sister. Once the match is made, you remain closely involved in many ways, including:
- Approving activities and outings for your child and their Big,
- Asking your child questions about those outings,sharing what you learn with the agency staff
- Reporting your child's progress and milestones to the agency on a regular basis (Big Brothers Big Sisters will contact you, but we welcome your feedback any time)
- Participating in training on child safety offered by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff.