- About Us
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Our Impact
- Our Mentoring Programs
- Learn more
- BIG Futures online Enquiry Form
- BIG Futures 2015 Volunteer Intake
- BBBS Melbourne
- BIG Alumni
- The Emerson Christmas Campaign
It’s not just a donation. It’s an investment in a child’s future.
When you donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you join our cause and directly support the mentoring of vunerable children in your community. Your donation, little or big will start something BIG!
The average cost of a mentoring match
The long-term nature of Big Brothers Big Sisters one-to-one mentoring relationships provides stability that is critically important for the vulnerable children we support. We ask our volunteer mentors to commit for a minimum of 12 months. Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring professionals support both the young person and the mentor for the entirety of the match.
The average cost of a mentoring match is $1500 as outlined in the table below.
Every $1,500 donated means we can match a child on our waiting list with a mentor for a minimum of a year. The avaearge duration of our mentoring matches is three years.
Your donation does start something BIG! Become a part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters family today.
Donating pays dividends
Research shows that our mentoring works. Children with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are more confident in their schoolwork performance, they get along better with their families and they’re 52% less likely to skip school.
Your support goes far.
Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services nationally and in your local community, Roughly 90% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches between Littles and Bigs.This means you can be rest assured that we are using donations wisely.
Your financial support starts lots of things, like:
- recruiting new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- covering the cost of rigorous screening and training of mentors while ensuring trained professionals match Littles to responsible Bigs
- enabling ongoing supervision and relationship support for every Big, Little and Little’s family
- providing cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children