- About Us
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Our Impact
- Our Mentoring Programs
- Learn more
- National Office Only Pages
- BIG Futures online Enquiry Form
- BBBS Melbourne
- BIG Alumni
- 2017 Christmas Campaign
Big Brothers Big Sisters is excited to announce the launch of its OurSpace e-Mentoring Program!
Explore infinite possibilities
Introducing an online e-mentoring program that connects children in need with mentors around the country, regardless of their geographical location.
Connecting Bigs & Littles everywhere
In the past, mentoring through Big Brothers Big Sisters in Australia has been limited due to geographic distance as Bigs and Littles are required to live within 30 minutes transport time of each other. OurSpace removes that barrier by leveraging digital technology to bridge the geographic divide, allowing Bigs and Littles to form positive relationships online, regardless of where they live.
A place to grow, learn & share
OurSpace provides Bigs and Littles with a safe and secure digital environment to build a positive and interactive relationship online. Scheduled video chats, activity feeds and project sections with activities to explore together make the program fun and accessible for all.
A safe and secure environment
The platform is anchored in the professional experience of Big Brothers Big Sisters qualified mentoring coordinators who monitor and support the e-mentoring matches online. The OurSpace platform offers the ability to moderate, record and archives each mentoring interaction in real time, which provides for the continuation of Big Brothers Big Sisters’ best practice mentoring processes in the digital environment.
Want to make a referral enquiry for a young person?
We are now taking online referral enquiries for young people aged between 10 and 17yrs old living in Australia.
By completing the form below the young person will be added to our OurSpace register and the referring person will be contacted to further discuss the application process.
Before you complete a Client Referral Enquiry you must ensure the following:
- If you are not the parent/guardian of the Young Person you must have gained permission from the parent/guardian for the referral to be made and the Young Person’s details to be stored on the Big Brothers Big Sisters database (located in Canada)
- The young person must have access to a computer with a camera and microphone, as well as an adequate internet connection, which will allow for live video streaming.
- You must provide an email address for the parent/guardian (or young person if appropriate)
- If you would like to make a referral for multiple siblings within one family please send an email to email@example.com to discuss your enquiry.